wine-tasting

Had a short escape to Adelaide last Thursday.  It was a great trip, a short but definitely fun trip. At least I managed to let loose of exam tension for a little while. It was boyf's graduation. Also graduation of my friends. I'm a proud girlf, and friend :) 


Taking advantage of the graduation trip, we rented a car and drove to Barossa Valley for a wine tasting trip with his parents.  Of course, a breakfast stop before leaving the city. I didn't want to go back to the usual breakfast place, so we decided to try out a cafe on Rundle street. And when we reached there, we realised that there's actually another cafe nearby that has more customers and even nicer ambiance. Guessing that it's better, we stepped in and we like it. It's called Hey Jupiter by the way. It's located at 11 Ebenezer Place
Adelaide, South Australia 5000.


They use 5 Senses coffee beans for their coffee. Part of the reason I like it- pink saucer for my flat white hahaha


They have this baked egg, with pancetta, mushrooms, mashed potato  It is pretty yummy, especially the pancetta, which made it extra tasty. It costs $14 or you could trade it with smoked salmon with extra $2.50. Definitely worth trying.


Finished feeding our tummy, and here we go!!! It took us about an hour drive to reach our first destination- The Whispering Wall. It's actually an abandoned reservoir. Standing at one end, you could actually hear very clearly what is the person at the other end speaking, even if they speak softly. Theory of sound-wave, I guess?



Cute family. W for Whispering Wall lol

Next, to the vine yards and cellar doors. Our route that day was Jacob's Creek, St Hallett, Grant Burge, Rockford and finally Penfolds. We made it to 5 cellar doors before I catch my flight back to Melbourne in the evening of the very same day.


Jacob's Creek




St Hallett

Some of their wines are limited at their own cellar doors only. One of them is their Moscato. It is pretty smooth with moderate sweetness, very much to my liking. It is not as sweet as the one from Jacob's Creek.



Grant Burge



Rockford


Rockford also sells varieties of jam and mustard dips. Taste them with the bread pieces provided. I ended up buying quince jam and dried apricot & passionfruit jam for my housemates.



Penfolds


And now, I'm back in Melbourne, preparing for my upcoming exam which is in a week's time! Great, stress-ing out now! Can't wait for my next trip with my own family in end of May. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment