farewell

People come and go, both in terms of friendship and physical distance.

Ever since graduation of secondary school back in Malaysia, I have experienced countless times of separation. Till now, I couldn't bare not to feel emotional on it. 

I could still remember vividly when I decided to pursue my pre-university studies in KL, and my best friend (shay phing) is gonna stay back for Form 6, I was so emotionally affected by the thought of not able to see her. We had been seeing each other almost everyday in school and tuition, tell me how not to be sad over that kind of friendship! We had a hang out for my belated birthday and farewell, and both of us couldn't contain ourselves and cried out at the restaurant. Well it was really hard for us to be apart!

After that I have learnt to understand that's life as we have our different destiny. And also thanks for the convenience of internet nowadays to help all of us stay connected despite the distance. Recently, I have came to an acknowledgement that in my situation, I couldn't fully blend myself in Australian's group. By that I mean not being able to grow further into a very close friendship, but I am happy to social and mix around with them. It's just the interests and activities that I couldn't see myself indulge in. 

However, I have recently met someone, that touched my heart. She cares for me like no one else (locals)  I've met, smile to me genuinely and welcome me so much. I would see her 3 days a week as she work next door. But she left. I am so used to look over next door to say hi, but I know she's not there anymore. I did some butter cookies for her on the last day, to thank her, for being such a great person. Sigh I miss her.

The reason that I started this post, is a good friend that I met during my university years came back for graduation, and now is leaving, again. But this time is for good. We had so much moments together, good and bad that strengthened our friendship. Since I moved to Melbourne, I went back to Adelaide a few times and he came over for travel as well. But after this time, there will be no such travel moments anymore. The next time we meet, will probably be back in Malaysia, and the date is unknown. I wish him all the best with his undertakings and hopefully we will meet again very soon.



I hate this part right here....

No comments:

Post a Comment